[Newbie]S3

On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:30:02 -0800
inspector.us@omicnet.com wrote:

> HI, folks:
>
> I'm setting up a PII box with FreeBSD.  I have an ols Diamond card
> with the S3 chipset with SDAC, and I'm told (by xf86config) that I
> need the following package:
>
> XF86_S3
>
> can anyone point me in the direction of this package?

If you're using XFree86 3.3.6 (which comes with current releases of
FreeBSD) then you should already have it.  Well, if you're installing
with sysinstall, when you choose to install XFree86, you'll get a menu
of servers to install, and that one will be on the list, just check it.

If you installed XFree86 version 4.any, then you don't need it and
xf86config is misleading you.  Use "XFree86 -configure" to generate an
initial configuration file.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html