Re: AF_XDP integration with FDio VPP? (Was: Questions about XDP)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 9:37 AM Július Milan <Julius.Milan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Regarding 4K frame size constraint of AF_XDP, what does AF_XDP when receives frame bigger than 4K? Drops it or cut it or split it between more frames?
> Thinking about what to do with them on TX side.
>
> If you are interested in mentioned AF_XDP driver for vpp, here you can find it: https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/21606

Hi Július,

I took a look at the patch, I can passed compile but I haven't run it.
In the src/plugins/af_xdp/device.c and src/plugins/af_xdp/xsk_defs.h,
since you already link libbpf, you can remove a lot of existing code by
using AF_XDP APIs in libbpf (see xsk_ring_*, xsk_umem_*)

If you want to load your custom XDP program, you can enable
XSK_LIBBPF_FLAGS__INHIBIT_PROG_LOAD and load XDP program

Regards,
William