Re: Monitoring the status of your own patches on patchwork?

Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:06:00 +0100 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> Hi everyone!
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone had any nifty tricks or utilities to help
>> monitor the status of your own patch submissions on a patchwork
>> instance? Things like getting a notification when a patch changes status
>> or when one of the automated checks on that particular patchwork
>> instance fails for a patch you submitted?
>
> Status notification when checks are failing? Hopefully not, we don't
> want people posting patches just to get them tested...

Well no, but sometimes a patch will have failures despite the best
efforts of the submitter (otherwise what's the point of the checks?).
Right now the only way for me to discover that there's an issue is to go
look at the patchwork web interface, and I wanted something that better
suits my workflow (i.e., that's not in a web browser).

I wasn't asking for patchwork to send out automatic notifications
(yikes!), I just wanted to know if anyone else had done something
similar before I go play around with the patchwork API myself... :)

-Toke