Re: [Ksummit-discuss] RFC: create mailing list "linux-issues" focussed on issues/bugs and regressions

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 09:57:57AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 22.03.21 22:56, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 08:25:15PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >> I agree to the last point and yeah, maybe regressions are the more
> >> important problem we should work on – at least from the perspective of
> >> kernel development.  But from the users perspective (and
> >> reporting-issues.rst is written for that perspective) it feel a bit
> >> unsatisfying to not have a solution to query for existing report,
> >> regressions or not. Hmmmm...
> > First of all, thanks for working on reporting-issues.rst.
>
> Thx, very glad to hear that. I didn't get much feedback on it, which
> made me wonder if anybody besides docs folks actually looked at it...

I'll admit that I had missed your initial submission, but having
looked at it, while I could imagine some nits where it could be
improved, in my opinion, it's strictly better than the older
reporting-bugs doc.

> Hmmm, yeah, I like that idea. I'll keep it in mind for later: I would
> prefer to get reporting-issues.rst officially blessed and
> reporting-bugs.rst gone before working on further enhancements.

Is there anyone following this thread who believes that there is
anything we should change *before* oficially blessing
reporting-issues.rst?  Given that Konstantin has already linked to
reporting-issues from the front page of kernel.bugzilla.org, I think
we we should just go ahead and officially bless it and be done with
it.   :-)

Once it is blessed, I'd also suggest putting a link to
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/reporting-issues.html
as an "other resources" at https://www.kernel.org.

					- Ted