Re: WiF Transmit Power Control (TPC) Regulatory Requirements?

On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 12:02 PM <b.K.il.h.u+tigbuh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ideally, TPC should be a fully automatic mechanism that reduces
> transmit power between the two points to as low of a level as possible
> while delivering the same quality of service. The purpose is to reduce
> the excess headroom in each link. I.e., if you could still link with
> 65Mb/s towards a given direction using 14dBmW, you should not transmit
> with 20dBmW.

Just to add to that, that for most if not all of the EU it must also
'provide on average, a mitigation factor of at least 3 dB on the
maximum permitted output power of the systems'. I read this (not a
lawyer or radio engineer, so please correct me if I'm wrong) as the
average e.i.r.p. of the entire BSS must at any point in time not
exceed the maximum allowed - 3db. This would include AP->STA, STA->AP,
and STA->STA transmissions.