Re: wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Brazil (BR) on 6GHz

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 10:29:58PM -0300, Bernardo Donadio wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to request the following inclusion to the BR entry in the
> regdb, since Anatel (Brazil's telecomunication regulatory body) has
> officially licensed the WiFi 6E band in February 26, 2021.
>
> It was defined as the 5.925 to 7.125MHz spectrum range, strictly for indoor
> use, limited to 30dBm EIRP for AP stations and 24dBm for clients.
> Requirement for NO-IR was explicitly waived, and no requirement for AUTO-BW
> or DFS was made. No specific channel width was defined besides the spectral
> power density limitation of 5dBm/MHz, so 160MHz channels are allowed if my
> math is right (I would appreciate if someone could double-check it).
>
> The original publication regulating bands for local private use can be found
> here: http://www.ncc.org.br/img/Ato%2014448.pdf
>
> The amendment that allowed the 6E band can be found here: https://www.in.gov.br/web/dou/-/ato-n-1.306-de-26-de-fevereiro-de-2021-306493325
> in section 11.7.
>
> Allowing outdoor use is being debated, but it hasn't been licensed yet since
> 5G operators want to use the same slice of spectrum. There could be further
> changes in the next year.

Thanks for the information! This is already being discussed as part of a
larger set of updates for BR. See this thread:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2022-August/001372.html

Please let us know if you have any comments on the proposed updates
being discussed there.

Thanks,
Seth