Re: wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Brazil (BR)

Em 30/08/2022 11:18, Seth Forshee escreveu:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 08:31:56PM -0300, Cesar Eduardo Barros wrote:
	#(902 - 907.5 @ ???), (30)
	#(915 - 928 @ ???), (30)

For these ranges I think you should use the same bandwidth as other
rules in the database, i.e. 2 and 16 MHz.

I found only two entries in the database with rules for the 900MHz frequencies: US and "world". I don't think the US rule is a good model here; it can use 16 MHz because it's a contiguous range, but the range for Brazil has a hole in the middle.

Since there's nothing that a found in these rules which mention a maximum channel width, the correct width is probably the maximum which fits on each piece of the range. That is,

(902 - 907.5 @ 4), (30)
(915 - 928 @ 8), (30)

As far as I could find, the hole between 907.5 and 915 exists because there are three 2.5 MHz-wide GSM uplink channels there. However, I also found out that there is a proposal within ANATEL (Consulta Pública 52 from 2021) to expand it with another uplink channel at 905 - 907.5 (there are actually five uplink channels in that proposal, the other one is at 898.5 - 901). I have no idea when this will become official, or whether it has already happened (and just wasn't reflected yet in the restricted radiation rules I had researched), and what effect it would have on 802.11ah users.

Given the uncertainty from that change, and given that so far there are rules for the 900 MHz range in wireless-regdb only for the USA, it might be wise to hold it for now and apply only the rest of the changes, without these 900 MHz ranges.

Otherwise I think these changes look good. If you can send a patch with
the changes I would appreciate it, otherwise let me know and I can send
a patch.

I will prepare a patch tomorrow.

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros