Re: Re: Running more PHP-versions with php_opcache.dll

On Jul 9, 2013 7:54 PM, "Jan Ehrhardt" <phpdev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Pierre Joye in php.windows (Tue, 9 Jul 2013 19:06:04 +0200):

> For what purpose should I use two php.ini's?

> For running two versions
> with their own OPcache? That is what this whole discussion is about (and
> can't be solved with just two ini's).

For having two different settings for x86 and x64. Which is what your patch
does. You already have two different DLLs.

> Or for switching between my own builds and the PGO-optimized versions
> you and your team deliver?

Php.net delivers, the fact that some people within the same team do the job
is not really relevant.
> For switching between those 2 two php.ini's
> will not do any good, because every file in my builds differ from what
> can be downloaded from PHP.net. Even trivial things like the
> snapshot.txt, but especially all the binaries. See
> http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=5423 for my builds.
> ZIP-files of 35MB each for the x64 versions and about 30MB for the x85
> builds.

I do not understand why you build everything from scratch. Providing the
missing ext should be enough. Also we work with everyone to be sure that we
are all sync'ed from a VC version POV. There should not be a need to
provide custom build for php itself. But that's another discussion.

> At the moment I am uploading new x64-zip's, containing a php_opcache.dll
> (from the unmodified GIT-head sources) and a php_opcache64.dll that is
> using a differently named semaphore file.

Yes, that is IMO a bug. The filename is poorly generated and should used
less conflicting inputs.

Cheers,
Pierre