Re: Re: Running more PHP-versions with php_opcache.dll

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Joye in php.windows (Tue, 9 Jul 2013 19:06:04 +0200):
>On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Jan Ehrhardt <phpdev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hopping back and forth between this list and github. I seem to have a
>> really ugly workaround now. I recompiled the x64 php_opcache.dll after
>> changing the semaphore file from ZendOPcache.MemoryBase into
>> ZendOPcache64.MemoryBase. That way it looks like it is possible to run a
>> x64 PHP 5.5 and a x86 PHP 5.3 besides each other, both with OPcaches.
>> read further on
>
>> https://github.com/zendtech/ZendOptimizerPlus/issues/109#issuecomment-20572357
>
>> At the moment I am testing this with my builds, but I will change it
>> into the official php.net  shortly, because the PGO builds are about 10%
                            /\
                         binaries
>> faster than my own.
>
>You should use two php.ini instead. Or do you already use two inis?

For what purpose should I use two php.ini's? For running two versions
with their own OPcache? That is what this whole discussion is about (and
can't be solved with just two ini's).

Or for switching between my own builds and the PGO-optimized versions
you and your team deliver? For switching between those 2 two php.ini's
will not do any good, because every file in my builds differ from what
can be downloaded from PHP.net. Even trivial things like the
snapshot.txt, but especially all the binaries. See
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=5423 for my builds.
ZIP-files of 35MB each for the x64 versions and about 30MB for the x85
builds.

At the moment I am uploading new x64-zip's, containing a php_opcache.dll
(from the unmodified GIT-head sources) and a php_opcache64.dll that is
using a differently named semaphore file. I will ask the Apachelounge
users to test if they can run a x86 PHP+OPcache together with a x64
PHP+OPcache as well. Om my development server drupal7 is now running
with PHP 5.5 and drupal6 with PHP 5.3. No problems thus far.

Jan