Re: URL rewrite

Thank You all for your replies!

Actually my question was not for the extensions at all, i think i needed a
complete rewrite.

I think I will do it with the hrefs than to try things with .htaccess.

@Arno - Not really very sure, my preference so far have been to have a .php
extension on all the pages, be it plain .html files with contents or
articles fetching data from the DB using .php, i prefer not to show an
extension at all, aesthetically pleasing and usually doesn't let people
know of the technology used eg : .aspx , .php etc... not sure if it makes a
big difference, but my personal preference is cleanliness. I've seen in the
past one of my old website showed on Google search with the entire URL with
the data, and i know that the data which google showed can only be fetched
from the database, hence the conclusion that they make for a better SEO,
however that was about couple of years back, google tends to change things
more than we anticipate or can think of i guess :)

Thanks,
Vinay