RE: URL rewrite

Vinay,

This does make for better SEO

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinay Kannan [mailto:vinykan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 July 2012 20:04
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; phpexperts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  URL rewrite

Hello Experts,

I have a query on URL rewriting.

I have a site, which has categories and products under the categories. the
url has been re-written to hide the .php part of the pages, the page also
shows up correctly when we do type in the .php extension.
this is how a link shows :

eg : localhost/showproducts?category=fantasy&book=A Game of Thrones

I was thinking of getting the url re-written to localhost/fantasy/A Game of
Thrones

I think this shows a cleaner URL and could be better for the SEO too?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinay