Re: Is there going to be an MSI for php 5.4?

Justin Dearing wrote:
The MSI is a great asset for PHP on windows when it "just works." I
remember older releases where that was not always the case. Recently, it
seems pretty good with IIS.

I can see the case that the MSI might be more trouble than its worth
because it has to be maintained. Would it be possible to direct people
towards phpmanager, webmatrix, etc on the download page as alternatives to
the zip file for people uncomfortable with configuring IIS?

That is my preference anyway since I'm supporting installations using Firebird rather than MySQL, some of the 'default' installations just cause problems anyway. I'd rather point Firebird users to a suitable installation guide than simply slap a generic set-up.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL