Re: Is there going to be an MSI for php 5.4?

Pierre Joye wrote:
Yes, but it does not always work as it should and it costs us a lot of
time to maintain. On the other, projects like Wamp, xampp, easyphp,
phpmanager for IIS do a great job to simplify updates and
installations of newer PHP. They also use our binaries, so everything
is fine.

Since there are at least two options of web server, I think I would agree that maintaining something in addition to the options already available does not make sense. And extending an MSI to take care of IIS/Apache2.2/Apache2.4 with the other expanding installation options is going to take someones time.

Personally I find that the ZIP packages are more than enough, but I install on top of Apache and that is already configured.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL