Re: PHP 5.3 SoapClient Stripping HTML special characters

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:33:43 +0100, Richard Quadling <rquadling@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 19 August 2011 16:16, James Crow <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using the SOAP client to retrieve data from a web server. One
field
>> in the returned object is a text string that may contain embedded
>> carriage
>> returns. If I look at the raw packets they appear as '
' in the
>> string.
>> When I get the string in the SoapClient the carriage return has been
>> stripped. So far I have been unable to find a setting that will leave
>> this
>> embedded character in place.
>>
>> Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>
> Can you supply a WSDL URL for the service? I can quickly verify what
> you are seeing.
>
> Can you tell us how you perceive the missing character? If you are
> echoing it to a browser, then there will be no visual line break as
> that is not a HTML character.
>
> But if you wrap the output in <pre>...</pre> tags, you should see it
just
> fine.
>

> --
> Richard Quadling
> Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc
> @RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY : bit.ly/lFnVea

Richard,

Thanks for the response. My initial email appears garbled somewhat.
Between the single quotes should have been &amp;#13;

The WDSL is:
http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/api/0_5/AppointmentService.asmx?WSDL

I am using functions which return (among other things) an Appointment
object. This Appointment object has a property named Notes. The Notes item
in their software is displayed and edited in a html textarea field. If a
newline is entered in the textarea field I need it to be present in the
string in the SoapClient.

To actually connect to with a SOAP client requires a username and
password.

Thanks,
James