Re: PHP 5.3 SoapClient Stripping HTML special characters

On 19 August 2011 16:16, James Crow <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using the SOAP client to retrieve data from a web server. One field
> in the returned object is a text string that may contain embedded carriage
> returns. If I look at the raw packets they appear as '&#13;' in the string.
> When I get the string in the SoapClient the carriage return has been
> stripped. So far I have been unable to find a setting that will leave this
> embedded character in place.

> Thanks,
> James

Can you supply a WSDL URL for the service? I can quickly verify what
you are seeing.

Can you tell us how you perceive the missing character? If you are
echoing it to a browser, then there will be no visual line break as
that is not a HTML character.

But if you wrap the output in <pre>...</pre> tags, you should see it just fine.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc