PHP 5.3 SoapClient Stripping HTML special characters

Hi all,

I am using the SOAP client to retrieve data from a web server. One field
in the returned object is a text string that may contain embedded carriage
returns. If I look at the raw packets they appear as '
' in the string.
When I get the string in the SoapClient the carriage return has been
stripped. So far I have been unable to find a setting that will leave this
embedded character in place.

Thanks,
James