Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: [PHP-WIN] Re: [PHP-DEV] Windows builds

On 06/07/2011 09:36 AM, Lester Caine wrote:
> Pierre Joye wrote:
>> Lester,
>>
>> We are now all aware of your constant bashing about our work for php
>> on windows, but could you please give us some rest and post this
>> wherever you like.
>>
>> And no you won't get a official ok for this build or any other but
>> what we have already numerous times discuss. The same applies even
>> more for x64 versions.
>
> No problem ... I'm not asking ... but future Firebird builds will only
> work fully with 64 bit installations.

I can see it making sense to have a 64-bit build of a Database, but
clients that just talk to it over a socket using some socket protocol
shouldn't in any way be required to also be 64-bit. Same goes for your
Web server and PHP if you use the recommended FastCGI mechanism. Again
there is a nice separation between the two, so you don't need to match
build environments there either.

-Rasmus