Re: win32service for PHP 5.1.6

On 1 December 2010 21:09, Travis Veazey <travis.veazey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First post to this list, so please forgive any inadvertent violations of
> decorum.
>
> I just today stumbled upon the win32service extension, which appears like it
> will do exactly everything that I've been looking toward external tools and
> utilities to do -- specifically, and unsurprisingly, installing a PHP script
> as a Windows service.
>
> However, PECL's page has no releases at all, and I can't seem to find the
> DLL for PHP 5.1.6; in fact, I've only seemed to find it for 5.2 and 5.3.
> Unfortunately, for reasons I'd rather not get into at the moment, upgrading
> my PHP version isn't an option right now; can anyone help me locate a DLL
> for this extension that will work for PHP 5.1.6?
>
> Thanks,
> Travis

Hello Travis.

I've done a lot of work on this extension recently. I'm only building
it for 5.3.4-dev. I've not got any tests for it either.

I don't have VC6 (only VC9 Express Edition), so I can't build it for
5.1.6. As it is really only of use in a CLI environment, it hasn't
been tested/compiled for ISAPI or a thread safe SAPI either.

As far as I know, the current code has never been compiled for 5.1.6.

Rather than upgrading PHP, why not just use 2 versions of PHP?

PHP5.3CLI+Win32Service+whatever extensions you need just for the
service side of things.

Keep it all in an un-PATH'd location.

Use registry to load separate ini file for PHP versions on the
services machine and be careful about using new functionality in your
code if it is going to be cross version.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend