RE: PHP Debugger for Windows?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alice Wei [mailto:ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 August 2010 01:57 AM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  PHP Debugger for Windows?

Hi,

  I am exploring some of the possible tools that I could use for PHP
debugging purposes on Windows operating system. Before, I always use a Linux
system on the side by connecting it remotely to debug my PHP when it
crashes, or if it does not display the desired output. Does anyone know any
affordable, possibly free tools that I could debug PHP scripts with?

Thanks for your help.

Alice

-----------------

You can download a trial version of the PhpED IDE from NuSphere and test it
with its internal debugger. Debugging in PhpED is excellent. The debugger
PhpED uses is also available separately, but the free version has less
functionality. I don't know what the stand-alone version can do, but in
PhpED you can even debug code on a remote server. I think the main guy
behind PhpED, Dmitri Dmitrienko, originally wrote DBG some time before PhpED
was developed, so it's a stable mature product that's been around for a long
time.
See www.php-debugger.com/dbg

There's also Xdebug but I've never tried it. Maybe someone else has some
experience with it they can share with you.

Cheers
Arno