Carsten wrote:
> But on Windows that's buggy:
> | # php -a
> | Interactive mode enabled
> |
> | <?php
> | $a=5;
> | $a++;
> | echo $a.PHP_EOL;
> |
> Nothing happens on Windows at this point. The cursor is in the next line
> waiting for input. But, if I now enter "^C", I can see the result:
> | 6
> |
> | #
> So on Windows the whole code/input is executed at once and not step by
> step.
> And because PHP is also terminated with "^C", I can't enter additional
> code.

just tried with PHP 5.3 on XP and Windows 7 and both directly output code when the echo command is called, not when the script is terminated.
Which PHP version did you use that shows the buggy behaviour?

Best regards,

Sascha
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl01