Re: PHP console (php.exe -a)

Am 27.12.2009 17:30, schrieb Rasmus Lerdorf:
>> Is there anybody with Linux to try run "php -a" and tell us how to
>> send typed code to execution?
>
> You just type it in and hit Enter.  There is no trick.  And without
> libreadline there really is no point.

Maybe you have another PHP-CLI then me on *nix (5.2.11)? Without libreadline
it's working a similar way on *nix, of course I have to type the starting
"<?php" myself:
| # php -a
| Interactive mode enabled
|
| <?php
| $a=5;
| $a++;
| echo $a.PHP_EOL;
| 6
At this point I can enter more code. Or exit PHP with:
| ^C
|
| #

But on Windows that's buggy:
| # php -a
| Interactive mode enabled
|
| <?php
| $a=5;
| $a++;
| echo $a.PHP_EOL;

Nothing happens on Windows at this point. The cursor is in the next line
waiting for input. But, if I now enter "^C", I can see the result:
| 6
|
| #
So on Windows the whole code/input is executed at once and not step by step.
And because PHP is also terminated with "^C", I can't enter additional code.

Regards,
Carsten