Re: PHP console (php.exe -a)

If PHP isn't linked against libedit/libreadline then you won't get the
nice interactive command-line.  I have no idea if the Windows build is
built against either of those libraries or whether those libraries even
work on Windows, but if you are not getting the nice command line
editing, that is likely the cause.

-Rasmus