Re: cgi

Hi Tyrael,
Hi Earl,

Tyrael wrote:
> 5.3 brings a lot of improvements and a couple of new features, but it
> can be some incompatibility issues with the pre 5.3 applications. ...

most applications should work both with the PHP 5.2 and 5.3 branch, i.e. phpmyadmin is available for PHP 5 and there is a separate version available for PHP 3+4.

Earl wrote:
> I use several programs which use PHP (phpMyEdit,
> phpMyAdmin, and NucleusCMS for BLOG's) after installing PHP 5.3 these
> interfaces would not work.

Could you clarify "would not work" a bit? Which error is posted when one of the applications is called? Do you get a PHP error or one directly from your webserver? php.ini is searched for in the following order:
* SAPI-specific location (don't know about Xitami's setting here)
* PHPRC env variable (if set)
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP] registry setting
* the webserver's bin directory
* C:\Windows
The currently loaded php.ini can be retrieved through "php_ini_loaded_file()".

Regards, Sascha