Re: cgi

5.2.12 is the latest version in the 5.2 branch.
5.3 brings a lot of improvements and a couple of new features, but it
can be some incompatibility issues with the pre 5.3 applications.
I think phpmyadmin does have a version which is compatible with php
5.3 out-of-the-box.
I don't know the other two tools you are using, but you should try to
download the latest version of them from their official site.

Tyrael