Re: [PHP-DOC] Coloured console output support for windows.

2009/9/22 Brett Bieber <brett.bieber@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Greetings
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Hannes Magnusson
> <hannes.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> As for detection, once ANSICON is loaded,  the ANSICON environment variable.
>>>
>>> But maybe ANSICon needs a small installer which has the option of
>>> doing this (Jason - possible?) automatically for those too nervous of
>>> editing registry.

> Just so everyone is aware, PEAR supports post-install-scripts which
> can do anything PHP can do.
>
> This does require an additional step by the end-user when the package
> is installed, pear run-scripts mychannel/Package, but it is possible
> to do this.
>
> --
> Brett Bieber

Jason has suggested adding the ability to install/uninstall ANSICON so
that would take care of the registry setting.

I only look at the envvar to determine if I should provide coloured output.

One issue though, running php.exe via Windows run dialog (i.e. NOT at
a command prompt), will not load ANSICon as php.exe provides it's own
console window which isn't the same as loading the shell to run PHP.

MAYBE ... combining PHP with ANSICon COULD be a solution? Maybe an
php_ansicon.dll extension.

--
-----
Richard Quadling