Re: [PHP-DOC] Coloured console output support for windows.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:38, Richard Quadling
<rquadling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As for detection, once ANSICON is loaded,  the ANSICON environment variable.
>
> But maybe ANSICon needs a small installer which has the option of
> doing this (Jason - possible?) automatically for those too nervous of
> editing registry.
>

>> Plus, afaik, the PEAR installer doesn't support doing such things.
>>

> !is_null(getenv('ANSICON')) ?

We cannot do any such check at install time.

We can do it when running the application, but then we'd have to check
the registry if we already have added the setting before trying to
adding it yet again.

In any case, I don't think its the job of PhD to do registry magic.
Check if the environment variable exists, and then print out color
codes however is something we should probably be doing.

-Hannes