Re: problem with PEAR , windows platform , php 5.2.9-2 , IIS Version 6

> Hi
>
> I encounter an issue with PEAR
>
> some pre info regarding the environment:
> Windows Server 2003
> IIS6 (IIS Version 6)
> PHP Version is 5.2.9-2
>
> I have installed PEAR on specific virtual directory (means that PEAR is
> installed only on specific web site/specific domain)
>
> I have installed the following packages of PEAR:
>
> INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
> PACKAGE          VERSION STATE
> Archive_Tar      1.3.3   stable
> Console_Getopt   1.2.3   stable
> DB               1.7.13  stable
> DB_DataObject    1.8.10  stable
> Date             1.4.7   stable
> MDB2             2.4.1   stable
> PEAR             1.8.0   stable
> Structures_Graph 1.0.2   stable
> Validate         0.8.2   beta
> XML_Util         1.2.1   stable
>
> So as you can see Validate package is installed and the version of it is
> 0.8.2 and the state of it is beta
>
> now lets talk about the issue.
> I am trying to install a new PEAR package and I encounter an issue.
> Now everytime that I try to install a new package then I get the following
> error msg:
>
> Fatal error: Class 'PEAR_Validate' not found in
> D:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\phppear\PEAR\PEAR\ChannelFile.php on
> line 1514
>
> So as it seems to me , after Validate package is installed , the
> installation process is making some modification inside the file
> ChannelFile.php
>
> Those modification break PEAR
>
> I did some more investigation and I see that on line 1514 at ChannelFile.php
> the following code exist:
>
> $val = &new PEAR_Validate;
>
> The question is:
>
> how to resolve the issue ???
>
> some points:
>
> I see that PEAR_Validate is Installer classes provides an API for the
> administration and management of PEAR Packages
>
> How I know that ? I see it in the following URL:
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/core.ppm.php
>
> So maybe PEAR_Validate is not part of the Validate package which I have
> installed separated ?
>
> because the validate package is documented in the following URL:
> http://pear.php.net/package/Validate
>
> Please Advice how to resolve the issue ?
>
> thanks in advanced

Look for this file:

D:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\phppear\PEAR\PEAR\Validate.php

If it doesn't exist, that's the problem. If it does exist, that file
contains the class PEAR_Validate which has nothing to do with the
Validate package you have installed

> --

Niel Archer