problem with PEAR , windows platform , php 5.2.9-2 , IIS Version 6

Hi

I encounter an issue with PEAR

some pre info regarding the environment:
Windows Server 2003
IIS6 (IIS Version 6)
PHP Version is 5.2.9-2

I have installed PEAR on specific virtual directory (means that PEAR is installed only on specific web site/specific domain)

I have installed the following packages of PEAR:

INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
PACKAGE          VERSION STATE
Archive_Tar      1.3.3   stable
Console_Getopt   1.2.3   stable
DB               1.7.13  stable
DB_DataObject    1.8.10  stable
Date             1.4.7   stable
MDB2             2.4.1   stable
PEAR             1.8.0   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.2   stable
Validate         0.8.2   beta
XML_Util         1.2.1   stable

So as you can see Validate package is installed and the version of it is 0.8.2 and the state of it is beta

now lets talk about the issue.
I am trying to install a new PEAR package and I encounter an issue.
Now everytime that I try to install a new package then I get the following error msg:

Fatal error: Class 'PEAR_Validate' not found in D:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\phppear\PEAR\PEAR\ChannelFile.php on line 1514

So as it seems to me , after Validate package is installed , the installation process is making some modification inside the file ChannelFile.php

Those modification break PEAR

I did some more investigation and I see that on line 1514 at ChannelFile.php the following code exist:

$val = &new PEAR_Validate;

The question is:

how to resolve the issue ???

some points:

I see that PEAR_Validate is Installer classes provides an API for the administration and management of PEAR Packages

How I know that ? I see it in the following URL:
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/core.ppm.php

So maybe PEAR_Validate is not part of the Validate package which I have installed separated ?

because the validate package is documented in the following URL:
http://pear.php.net/package/Validate

Please Advice how to resolve the issue ?

thanks in advanced