MYSQL Configuration on WIn XP

I am new to PHP and as well as with MySQL,

I have installed PHP 5.28, on win XP (with Apache 2.09) and it is installed properly (at least PHP and apache),
as when I call phpinfo (), through a script, it shows

the PHP Information.

then I installed MySQL 5.1.30, and from MySQL command prompt I am able to creating tables, making queries etc.

so i think it is also installed properly.

Now I want to use MySQL with PHP, but seems that *MySqli* is not installed properly. as when I write a following script in a php page I get a error,

that indicates that i have written the following script in a file say *testmysql.php*.

*<?php
        $si = function_exists ( 'mysqli_connect' ) ;
        if ( $si )
        {
            echo ' MySQLi appears to be installed correctly ' ;
        }
        else
        {
            echo 'MySQLi <B> does not </B> appears to be installed. ' ;
        }
?>

I understand that it is a configuration error somewhere, as I am new with PHP and MySQL, so i am feeling lost.

I have uncommented following two lines in the php.ini

*extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
*

and as well these two lines are also uncommented in the httpd.conf (Apache config file ).

*LoadModule php5_module d:/programs/php528/php5apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

*and theseb two files are also copied in windows folder (means available with windows path).*

php5ts.dll
php5apache2.dll

*
any guess what i am doing wrong, i am sure that it is some configuration error.

Prateek