Re: Install PEAR under only specific hosting account - Plesk - windows - php is CGI/CLI

onemancrew wrote:
> Hi
>
> I encounter an issue with running PEAR in special environment.
> I will thank you very very much if you will assist me to resolve the
> issue.

> 3) I don't want to use PHP Version 5. PHP version 5 is not eligible
> for me. it's shared hosting environment , you can't enforce clients to
> start using PHP version which is not support by their web sites . you
> always must provide customers what they specifically have purchased. I
> think it will be unprofesional to install PHP Version 4 while there is
> at least 1 web site which will not work. this is why I am saying I
> can't use PHP Version 5 under this server. so in this case the PHP
> Version is 4.
And is it professional to only provide them with an outdated version,
which force them to keep using old versions of their software? ;-)
You should look at running PHP4 and PHP5 side by side until you can
completely remove PHP4.

> When I run the batch file: pear.bat
> I get the following error msg:
> '"C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php"' is not recognized as
> an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
>
> some question:
> as you see the error msg say someting about C:\Program
> Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php , this is the path for the php.exe
> file (the PHP CGI/CLI).
> because I get error msg then I though that maybe the error msg is
> because the PATH for the PHP CGI/CLI is not configured correctly.
> So what I did is to use the "Webbased PEAR Package Manager" for
> checking the configuration file.
> I tried to specify explicity the full PATH for the php.exe by using
> the following PATH: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\php.exe
> BUT nothing , depiste the fact that now the PHP CLI/CGI binary is
> configured as C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\php.exe
> I still get the same error msg.
>
> So I started to think forward and I thought that maybe the reason of
> such issue is becasue the full path directory of the PEAR and also the
> full path directory to php.exe is not configured in the %PATH%
> environment variable of the operating system level.
> How I did it ?
> I have run the following command in the prompt/command line:
> PATH D:\inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\phppear;C:\Program
> Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php;%PATH%
>
> NOW both directories , The PHP CGI/CLI and the PEAR exist in the
> %PATH% environment variable of the operating system level.
>
> You think that this is what resolve the issue ?
> Wrong answer.
> I still encounter the same error msg when I run pear.bat

Try using a short name without quotes
(C:\Progra~1\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php)