Re: php-win-which-orm-tool-for-windows-with.html

> Sorry, I meant a wrapper written in PHP that extends PDO but uses the new
> driver's functions. Unfortunately, my C skills are not quite where they need
> to be to write a PHP extension :(
>
> I also just realized that the new driver uses the ODBC client for the
> underlying low-level communication. Is there any benefit to using this new
> driver as opposed to the PDO_ODBC driver to connect SQL Server?
>
> Alvaro

The only difference I've come across is streams + lobs work properly in
the new driver, they don't work quite right with PDO_ODBC.  So if you're
doing lobs and want to use them as php streams, use the new driver.
However PDO is getting a fix for this bug... this may not be true in the
future.

Otherwise, no there is no benefit.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Smith