Re: PHP connecting to MSSQL

In your mssql_connect statement try putting the port number of the sql server in there
Aynt perfect but cloze 2 it..

From: "Alf Stockton" <alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 3:16 PM
To: "Baboucarr Sanneh" <sanneh27@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Sascha Meyer" <harlequin2@xxxxxx>; <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  PHP connecting to MSSQL

Baboucarr Sanneh wrote:
okay try including the port number for the mssql server (I.e 1433) in the connection string..that also can be the problem somethimes
 and Sasha Meyer said:
> just a guess, are you using any kind of firewall (application or port
based) > on your computer? Could you try a "telnet localhost 1433" to check if this > > works?

> Regarding php.ini changes: have you restarted the web server's services > > > after changing?

Yes I have restarted the needed processes.

I have now attempted testing with firewall on, with firewall turned off, with firewall on but exception made for port 1433 and a number of others but in all cases it failed with the following results.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Alf Stockton>telnet localhost 1433
Connecting To localhost...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: C onnect failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Alf Stockton>telnet localhost 1433
Connecting To localhost...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: Connect failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Alf Stockton>telnet localhost 1433
Connecting To localhost...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: Connect failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Alf Stockton>telnet localhost 1433
Connecting To localhost...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: Connect failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Alf Stockton>telnet localhost 1433
Connecting To localhost...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: Connect failed

BTW How can I reinstall MSSQL without loosing existing databases?

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

Your boss is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.