XDEBUG with 5.2.6, IIS 5.1, CGI

Well, I'm now set up with CGI on my XP - IIS 5.1 - PHP 5.2.6 system.  And
its much more fun now, it doesn't seem to be kicking off all those Access
Violations, as isapi did.  Many thanks for that.

But now where xdebug worked (on those rare occasions without access
violations) - nada.  NetBeans tries to load xdebug, and tries and tries, and
nothing good happens (it doesn't connect).

I'm using php_xdebug-2.0.4-5.2.8-nts.dll, corresponding to the download link
"5.2 VC6 Non-thread-safe". Looks right to me, but what do I know.  (Yup, the
ini file points to this replacement for the ts version I used before, and
the 4 xdebug parameters are set.)  If the dll isn't the problem, there
doesn't seem to be much more that could be wrong.  So simple, yet I've
screwed it up.

Any suggestions?  It would REALLY be nice to have a debugger.  Banging my
head against the wall is starting to hurt quite a bit.