RE: Anyone running Winword on Windows 2003 Server?

Sascha,

>| after a lot of testing on my Windows 2k3 server I stopped trying
>| to use Winword through COM, because the returned Word COM object
>| never worked (I could neither open or create a document, nor
>| could I even retrieve version infos from the Word instance,
>| nothing ever worked).
>| I used Windows 2003 Server SP1, PHP 5.2.6 with office 2003 for my tests.
>|
>| Now I wonder if anyone ever used Word on a Win 2003 Server? And
>| what did you have to configure to use it?

Never got as far as Win 2003, still on good old NT4, but I was never happy
with Winword running on the server. I have now moved to using the
'clsMsDocGenerator.php' class. By formatting the document as html and then
pushing it into the class instance, it is possible to generate Word
documents with a small footprint without the overhead of COM (meaning also
that it doesn't require a Windows server either).

Hope this helps.

George