Re: Re: Compiling error on WinXP

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Elizabeth M Smith
<auroraeosrose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The manual is sadly out of date - here are some corrections
Together with Pierre from #php-dev-windows on Freenode I managed to
compile 5.3 :)
I put the steps we used in this blog entry:
http://blog.harddisk.is-a-geek.org/index.php/dev/php/php-on-windows/
It's German, but Google Translate generates enough understandable
English so that someone with edit access can update the manual.

> P.S. no you can't build a single .exe unless you manipulate the generated
> makefile by hand before building - something you need to be well versed in
> MSVC compiler foo to do ;)
Ah, okay - thought it'd be as easy as with a lot of other programs in
Linux...but one can't expect good features in MS products ;)

Thanks,
Marco