Re: PHP6 binary snapshot is missing dlls

Todd Keup wrote:
> I downloaded the latest Windows PHP6 (VC6) binary snapshot
> http://windows.php.net/snapshots/ and installed only to discover quite a few
> external dlls missing in the /ext directory.  Now, I realize that some may
> be changing due to internal restructure and built-in design.  However, curl
> is the one that triggered my Apache start failure and upon further
> investigation I realized quite a few dlls were missing (I merely compared
> with a binary snapshot I had pulled down back in April 2008) ...
>
> php_curl.dll
> php_dba.dll
> php_dbase.dll
> php_fdf.dll
> php_mcrypt.dll
> php_mime_magic.dll
> php_ming.dll
> php_oci8.dll (realize this may be changing as I reviewed the php.ini)
> php_pdo.dll
> php_pdo_firebird.dll
> php_pdo_oci8.dll (realize this may be changing as I reviewed the php.ini)
> php_pdo_oci.dll (realize this may be changing as I reviewed the php.ini)
> php_pdo_sqlite.dll
> php_pspell.dll
> php_snmp.dll
> php_zip.dll
>
> Anybody have any insight?

Look at the compile log and changelog if you find things "missing"

often (especially in HEAD) things don't compile right

pdo is built "static" or built in by default in the PHP6 snaps (no
php_pdo.dll needed)

ming, dba, dbase, fdf and some others have been moved to PECL - this
information is in NEWS and changelog files

Thanks,
Elizabeth