Re: Re: can't get fsockopen() to work through IIS

Andi Gutmans wrote:
This is almost surely a permissions problem. By default IIS will run as
a very low privileged user. I suggest in the IIS configuration you try
and run the vhost as your login user on the Windows machine and see what
happens.

I can't figure out "vhost" is, but I tried running the IIS itself as an administrator-level user but it won't start ("access denied" error). I also tried putting the IIS user in the administrator's group, but connections still didn't work.

I've given up on IIS and have installed lighttpd. That means I use PHP CGI until I take the time to set up fastCGI, but at least I can move on to my next issue.

Thanks for your help.

-eb-