Re: Trouble connecting to MySQL using mysqli extension on XP

Well, then have no real idea, but will just say again that when trying to
implement PHP and MySQL support on my instance of IIS, I couldn't get
MySQL's drivers to work, no matter what I tried implementing with regard to
the %path% system variable, the path/instance of the relevant .dll file etc.
etc., so eventually went over to the WAMP package, which includes all of
them, and just made it run on port 81, so that it and IIS wouldn't interfere
with each other, and it works fine.

Not sure if you've tried this before?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger