Re: php-config script is missing from the installer

Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to port a library that has several language bindings, PHP among them.
> Of course the software was written on Linux, hence it uses autotools and
> pgkconfig.
> I can use MinGW/MSYS and GnuWin32 parts to compile most of the software
> but the PHP binding looks for the configuration via the php-config script.
> Which is missing from the official www.php.net installer.
> Is there another package that I need to install besides
> http://www.php.net/get/php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi/from/a/mirror
> to get the php-config script?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Zoltán Böszörményi

Unfortunately, you can't compile PHP or any PHP extensions for windows
with mingw or msys - not only is autotools not supported for windows but
 the mingw compiler is not supported.

You can compile the libraries as dll, create MS compatible import libs,
and then use MS compilers to do the actual PHP extension if you want to
do windows support.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Smith