php default users

So here's a question...  I installed Xampp and was messing around with
phpmyadmin.  I decided that I would delete the pma user that was created
(root and pma on the localhost were the two users created by default).
After I did this, I can no longer authenticate into phpmyadmin like I
was before by using the root account... it tells me I have a bad
username/password, which I know I don't since I use the same account to
just get onto the Xampp main page.  Can anyone tell me why this is, and
if I can fix it or not without re-installing Xampp.  Thanks a bunch!!

Jacob Bergman
Network Technician
Pullman School District #267
(509) 432-4012