From: Janet Valade [mailto:jvalade@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:03 AM
To: Jacob Bergman
Subject: Re: Mysql_send.php

The problem is the first error message. The others are just complaining
because the connect function wasn't successful.

The problem is with your MySQL account name. Chapter 5 explains MySQL
accounts. MySQL accounts are two part account names: the account and the

host that it is allowed to connect from.  Such as root@localhost. The
error message shows that MySQL believes you are connecting from the host

PHP-AND-MYSQL.VMware.psd267.wednet.edu. I don't know where it gets that
host, but the account you are using is not allowed to connect from that
host. You need to set up a valid account.

Good luck,

Janet

Jacob Bergman wrote:
> When I try to run the mysql_send.php function from your website...
from
> the 3rd edition of the php and mysql for dummies, I get these errors:

> **
> Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (00000/1130):
Host

--
Janet Valade -- janet.valade.com