From: Niel Archer [mailto:Niel Archer] On Behalf Of Niel Archer
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 10:45 AM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Drag and Drop

Hi

I am trying to create a document store that will allow people to upload
documents to a website by dragging and dropping them on a certain
section of the webpage.

I don't see how you could do that.  You're talking about a client-side
effect, when both ASP/PHP run server-side.  Either could be used to
receive the document, but you'd most likely want something like a Java
applet on the page to drop onto.

Further, I would prefer that the documents be kept directly in the
mySQL database as binaries.

That's simple enough, although I prefer to save files in the file-system
and store a reference in the database.  I find it faster that way.

Niel