RE: Re:PHP - MSSQL -5.2.2?

>Gustav says:

>Anyone experienced trouble connecting to a MSSQL - Server but not every
>time? (About every third time the connection succeeds, fourth time,
fitfh >time and so on ...)(IIS + PHP + Win2003 Server)

>Best regards
>/Gustav Wiberg

Gustav says:

> Thanx all!
>
> The problem is solved. The MSI Windows installer added an extra \ to the
> path!? ...
>
> /Gustav
>
> Gustav Wiberg says:
>
>>MSSQL and PHP. Should I upgrade from PHP 5.0.1 to 5.2.2 for getting the
>>connection to MSSQL-database to work correctly?
>
>>Best regards
>>/Gustav Wiberg

Chetan says:
> Yesterday, I decided to update PHP521 to 522 and update the MySQL
> server/client to the latest as I was having strange connection problems.
>
> In the end the decision turned out to be just right.
> It took me several tries to delete the existing copy of MySQL in order to
> do a clean install.
> However, I now know what one has to do to remove the 'root' of MySQL
> program from Windows2000, he, he.
>
> PHP installs just fine with out doing a clean install.  Just install right
> into the PHP directory.  I had to fix the confused php.ini from the
> install, (numerous extensions where copied right on top of the others so I
> had double of the same extension many times.  Path statements where placed
> in strange places as well.
> This was a small adjustment as anyone using PHP in time gets to know the
> .ini file very well.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Blessings,
> Chetan

One other note about inconsistensy in connection to DB, in the above
upgrading with both PHP and MySQL I also dnloaded the latest ODBC
connector and then dnloaded the latest "MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver" and my
connections are consistent now.  I also checked the TCP/IP & MySQL
services on IIS.

The Wininstaller for PHP522 misstyped the c:\\php\ext;;" in my environment
variables path statement.
One does in time learn every place the PHP/SQL installation is connecting
and talking, and may check and make fixes.
Too bad it takes much time spent in pain and frustration to get there.
And I am still a baby in this big wide world of the Web and applications.

Blessings,
Chetan