Dynamically update mysql field

  I have a function that will populate the table cells (TD) with data (information) from mysql database.
  What I need to do is to allow the user to update the cell information (information was pulled from mysql database) from the table cells (TD) then the data get updated in mysql. So when I pull the data again I can see the new information.
  Is there any way to do this using PHP?

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.