From: Chetan Graham [mailto:chetan_graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 8:27 AM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re:PHP - MSSQL -5.2.2?

Gustav Wiberg says:

>MSSQL and PHP. Should I upgrade from PHP 5.0.1 to 5.2.2 for getting the
>connection to MSSQL-database to work correctly?

>Best regards
>/Gustav Wiberg

Yesterday, I decided to update PHP521 to 522 and update the MySQL
server/client to the latest as I was having strange connection problems.

In the end the decision turned out to be just right.
It took me several tries to delete the existing copy of MySQL in order to
do a clean install.
However, I now know what one has to do to remove the 'root' of MySQL
program from Windows2000, he, he.

PHP installs just fine with out doing a clean install.  Just install right
into the PHP directory.  I had to fix the confused php.ini from the
install, (numerous extensions where copied right on top of the others so I
had double of the same extension many times.  Path statements where placed
in strange places as well.
This was a small adjustment as anyone using PHP in time gets to know the
.ini file very well.

Hope this helps,
Blessings,
Chetan