From: Alf Stockton [mailto:alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 10:21 AM
Cc: php windows
Subject: Re:  Reload/refresh web page

Bill Bolte wrote:
> Aaah, so it's a caching issue then. Is that particular content using
> PHP's caching mechanism or is it simply the browser's cache settings
> mucking things up?

You are correct, it is the broser, and I have no control over which
browser they are using or how that browser is configured.

> AJAX techniques run into the browser cache issue all the time (not
that
> your doing anything with AJAX here). One way to get around this is by
> putting a random value in the querystring when calling a script by and
> HTTP JavaScript call. Maybe by borrowing this concept and put a random
> value in the querystring (that servers no purpose) will fool the
browser
> and load the new content.

Please tell me more. An example would be good, if you could.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here
today.
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html