how to enable phplib functions

I read in the CHM manual that phplib functions are included with PHP after version 4. However my PHP5 interpreter bails when it encounters the commands...

$iterator=$chapter_array->getIterator();
echo $iterator->current();

I'm assuming these phplib functions die because they are not found or installed. Can anyone tell me what I need to include or enable to turn phplib functions on in php5? Do I need to download and install the phplib distro from sourceforge and follow their instructions for installing phplib?

Bill Angus, MA
http://www.psychtest.com