Re: Executing External Application

Brian Stakes wrote:
I am trying use PHP to run an application on Windows XP Pro machine. The
application runs from the command line however, when I try to run it
through Apache (I've tried called the script through a browser and a
SOAP service) the application will not run. I have tried the exec,
shell_exec and system commands.

How can I get my Application to execute when it is called through Apache?

example code:
system("notepad.exe");
You may have the same problem I did when trying to use Winzip. You need to tell Windows to allow the service to interact with the desktop.

Run - services.msc. Right click on your Apache service - select Properties and then the Log on tab. Check - Allow service to interact with desktop

--
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO