Re: Configuration problem?

PHP uses the settings from: C:\Windows\php.ini, not C:\PHP\php.ini

Have you ensured you've allowed Apache to parse HTML files to act as PHP Files?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Angus" <mdangus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 7:29 PM
Subject:  Configuration problem?

I have php installed and a working copy of phpMyAdmin, MySQL and Apache2.0.58 on a windows2k box.

phpMyAdmin works fine, as do a couple of other php scripts. However, when I go to try to code in php myself, I get a blank screen. I downloaded zend-studio to try to see if I could trace the fault with my setup. The studio shows that I can do simple echo scripts -- but that I get the following error when I try to connect to the mySQL database

Debug Error: C:\Homepage\psychtest\private\search.htm line 13 - Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect()

the following call (from your php tutorial) also returns nothing.
echo $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

The zend studio debugger returns the following message...

Notice: C:\Homepage\psychtest\private\search.htm line 10 - Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT

Am I supposed to insert a reference to a library of functions somewhere at the start of my code?

I was able to enter phpinfo in the zend debugger, and I noticed that the info returned was NOT the same as the settings in the php.ini file in my C:/php/php.ini file.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions you can provide. Have a great day!

Bill Angus, MA
http://www.psychtest.com