Re: Re: Select list again.

Dale D. Attree wrote:
Build a php string instead of an array and allocate the string to a form
hidden field and then access the hidden field via JavaScript.

Thanks for the suggestion.
What I have done is in my PHP
print "<input type='hidden' name='DrawString' value=$Message>";
and I have viewed the page source and a hidden field called DrawString contains the correct data.
Now I don't seem to be able to get it in my javascript and I have tried
	alert (document.TicketStatus.DrawString.value)
	alert (TicketStatus.DrawString.value)
	alert (DrawString.value)
as well as
	alert (DrawString)
the form is called TicketStatus and the javascript is called via
<select name='Promotion_id' id='Promotion' onchange='GetValue()'>

Please make some suggestions on what I may have done wrong.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would
be a merrier world.
		-- J.R.R. Tolkien

My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html